© ITech 2019
Brent: +27670472726 (ZA)
ITECH WORLDWIDE LIMITED * Reg:12333797
4 Rylton House, Hersham Road, Walton-on-Thames, KT121LB
INSTALLING (See Downloads for installers)
In a LAN server and multiple workstation environment that will be running Windows devices only, the Standalone/Lan Server package(FBM Win Lan Server) must be installed on your server or an assigned network device that will act as a server. It is recommended that the Server package be installed in the default FBM folder.
Once installed, your network administrator (or the user of the device assigned to be the server) is required to share the installation folder and assign permissions to the various users on the network.
The installation folder must have at least read and execute rights for applicable users.
Each windows based client must install the Client dependency package(FBM Client Dependency) on their devices.
A client setup utility is created during this process. This resides in the Facility Bookings and Management program group and once the installation is complete, each user must run this setup utility.
The user will be required to browse for the FBM network share where the database and all associated modules reside. Once the FBM share is successfully located, a shortcut to the Navigator is created automatically and placed on the user's desktop. A Start Menu entry is also created at the same time. This is where each user will launch the ITEC FACILITIES MANAGEMENT Navigator.
If you receive an error whilst the Messaging API and Calloboration Data Objects is being installed, click on OK, Finish and then Yes to continue installing iTec Facilities Management.
It is assumed that you have read and understood the Licence agreement included in the installation as well as any additional agreements concluded between your organisation, its employees and the reseller.
1. ITEC FACILITIES MANAGEMENT is optimised for Laptops, Netbooks, Notebooks, tablets and desktop personal computers.
2. Operating systems supported
3. Screen resolution minimum of 800x600.
4. Initial hard drive space of 200MB bearing in mind that the database will increase in size over a period of time due to transactions. Ensure you make provision for storage of photographs and other images you may assign to schedules. Additional space would be required for the storage of files attached to schedules and bookings.
5. Suitable network infrastructure and bandwidth to accommodate multiple users. Non browser based WI-FI client speeds should not be less than 54Mbps (802.11a) which typically averages around 20Mbps. 802.11b is not suitable.
6. Browser based clients require a minimum of 2Mbps.
7. To take advantage of live capture (photographs) of Maintenance work, a webcam is required for desktop/laptop devices. Most tablets have built-in photographing capabilities and therefore nothing extra is required.
8. ITEC FACILITIES MANAGEMENT offers data drops and grid printing. This functionality requires Microsoft Excel©. Non Windows based tablets will require a spreadsheet viewing utility/application which are freely available on the various web stores.
9. ITEC FACILITIES MANAGEMENT system resource requirements do not exceed typical operating system minimums as required by the applicable Windows operating system.
10. Server resource requirements for browser based clients are dependent on the number of simultaneous users and module usage access.
See User guide for further assistance>>>